Monday, October 17, 2011

A Change of Season

Hey Everyone!

Its been a fairly quiet week for us here in Gretna. Last Monday we went Bowling with the Lynchburg Elders. I bowled over 100 again! Hey, its a big deal for me.

I've had a bit of a cold going on this past week which has kept me rather tired. I went to bed before 10:00pm one night!! I don't think thats happened more than twice before on the mission. So I've been getting more sleep in. Taking lots of naps during lunch hours too. I'm just about over it at least so no worries. A lot of people around have been sick lately due to the changing of the seasons. Its made the work a little slower as well unfortunately but we're still finding ways to keep busy.

We had kind of a neat moment the other day too. We were looking for a less active woman who's address doesn't exsist... We knew what street she lived on but there was no house at the number. So we were able to ask a random walking out on the street if he knew where we could find her. He was kinda a sketchy character but he said that he knew her and she lived in a trailer just down the road. We stopped by that day and found no one at home. Then this past week we tried to stop by again. A young man, about our age answered the door. She didn't live there nor did he have any idea who she was. Oh well. But right after we talked to him for a few minutes he invited us in. We had a pretty good conversation with him and he agreed to let us come back and teach him more about the Gospel. So even though somethings don't work out the way you want them too, Heavenly Father always knows where we need to be and who we need to see. Its always a good reminder to us that its his work that we're doing and not ours.

Oh! The Fall season is setting in down here. The Tree's are starting to change colours and the leaves are everywhere. It came a little quicker than I was expecting. I'll try to get some pictures so yall can see what its like.

Friday was a pretty crazy day. We drove over 160 miles to Buena Vista and back for a Zone meeting. I love the Elders and Sisters in our Zone! They are way too funny and cool. Elder Klain of Cardston and I are dreaming of the day when we're both home and will be chillin in Southern Alberta Together. Waterton here we come! When we got back to our area we got a call to help a member move back into the area, but they lived way out in the Boons so we ended up driving another 50+ miles that night! It was pretty crazy but luckily We were able to stop at the Campbells for some great food and company.

I think thats all thats been going on lately. Well I love Yall and Hope to hear from you soon!

Elder Sunada

No comments:

Post a Comment