Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Almost over the Hump‏

Hey Everyone!
 
Happy Belated Halloween!! Guess what, I was Dressed up as a....missionary! Thought it was pretty clever myself. I did have on a orange, grey and Black skinny tie to help better match with the season. We spent last night in Lynchburg so I'm just hoping the apartment didn't get egged. Like all missionary apartments there's a picture of Jesus on the front door, so perhaps that was enough to deter them. 
 
Lets see, this past week we had a branch trunk or treat/ potluck. Sadly the weather outside was cold and rainy so they just had it all inside and had the kids go around to the classrooms to collect their candy. The treats that I got in my package came in Handy! And there wasn't too many kids either so I still had plenty to snack on with the other elders. The Event was well attended though! We even had to set up extra tables in the cultural hall. A fun night and our fridge was again replenished with a weeks worth of Leftovers. No complaints though. Gretna Branch knows how to cook! I don't think we've had to buy any real food besides milk in a few weeks. 
 
Sunday we both were assigned to give talks in Sacrament meeting. The topic was on Scriptures so I decided to talk on how the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price all focus on Jesus Christ. It also helped that I had almost finished reading Elder Talmages "Jesus the Christ" (I finished it yesterday, started back in January!). So it went over pretty smoothly. I feel better every time I give a talk. Less scared every time. But there's still times I'm thankful that I've been given the talent of being able to think on my feet. 
 
Well Seeing as tomorrow is Transfers Your all eager to hear where it is that I'll be going. Its a little town about 40 Miles South of where I am now. Yes indeed, I am staying in Gretna! (I'm in Lynchburg at the moment.) To both Elder Wilder's and my's surprise and pleasure we will be sticking it through till at least December 14th. Which makes 7 and a half months in Gretna, and 13 days over a year in Virginia. Who Knows where I'll be for Christmas but at least I'll be sticking around here for American Thanksgiving! Mmmm
 
In other news, we found out that on the 19th of November, there's going to be a mission Conference. Yes, the WHOLE mission will be meeting together in one place. Elder Neil Anderson of the Quorum of the 12 Apostle's will be coming to visit our mission and speak to us!!! Way cool!! Super Excited!! 
 
Also the 10th of November is the day the tides changes for me. It will be my "Hump" day, and the days that I've been out will become greater than the days I have left. A bitter sweet thought, like many things, but I'm working on making the next year even more productive than the first! 
 
Well I think that's All I got for now. Love you all!
Elder Sunada
 
PS: For anyone who hasn't yet, you should make a Mormon.org profile and then let me know about it so I can share it with others! You can be a missionary too!

No comments:

Post a Comment