Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I'll Be in ******* For Christmas‏

Hey Everybody!

What A Busy Week in Gretna! We did Even more service this week trying to get people ready for the winter season ahead. More Chopping and Delivering wood and even installing a chimney sleeve 30 feet up! It felt good to get up on a roof again. Its Finally starting to get cooler in Gretna. Meaning there's actually some frost on the Ground in the mornings, but it normally disappears by mid day. Elder Wilder and I have been doing a lot of running around and visiting people. Oh! We went to Lexington Last Sunday! Got to hear Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the 70 and the Stake president give some good talks! Sadly we didn't have any investigators show up. They all ditched a few days before. Its hard to get people to understand just how important coming to Church is in the first place, not to mention when there's a General Authority there. Until they actually go they'll never fully understand that its so much more important than whatever else comes up Sunday. I'm glad I've learned for when I go home not to miss Church unless I absolutely have too. I can't afford too! Luckily the Covingtons saved the day again and we went with them using Mark as our "Less Active" hahah. I am going to miss them both so dearly, as well as all of the other Familes in the Gretna area because....
 
Yes, I am finally getting transferred. No big Surprise. Not to pleased either. I would have loved to stay for Christmas, but I'm ok with what the Lord has in store for me else where. I'm going to be serving in a ward. A good Ward from what I hear. In a small city. But then again, all of the cities here are small. Its going to be farther north which means... Yup! You guessed it, I'm Finally going to be serving in WEST VIRGINIA! Parkersburg North to be exact. Its one of the most Northern parts of our mission, so I'll be going to the opposite end of the mission (long Drive tomorrow...) Its on the boarder of Ohio along the Ohio river and we will actually get to cover part of that state as well I Believe so I'm super stoked for that!! And Hopefully with the northerly climate I'll get some snow along too!! The Down side? From what I hear we share the city with another set of Elders, and also share a car. Meaning one week we drive, the next we walk. In the winter. But that means maybe I'll get back into shape! My companion is Elder Hiener (I think thats how its spelt). I know I've met him once before but I still can't recall his face. I hear he's pretty legit though and I'll get along with him great so I'm excited to meet him and work with him. 
 
Well, thats the main bit of news. Now I just have to cope with leaving behind the Town I love, as well as a great Branch (perhaps one of the best in the Mission) and a fantastic companion. Elder Wilder and I have had way too much fun together and we never got in a single fight or even argument. I can't wait to chill with him in the Future. I'm excited for the new challenges ahead, and to finally be a real West Virginia missionary. Its going to be a blast! 
 
Love you All! 
Merry Christmas Season!
Elder Sunada
 

No comments:

Post a Comment