Monday, December 5, 2011

Last week before transfers...‏

That's right, its that time again. Transfers is coming up right around the corner. Let this be a reminder that Next weeks email will come Tuesday. Also this could mean that I may be leaving the little Town of Gretna just prior to Christmas. People keep asking me if I'm tired of Gretna. Really I'm not. I could stay one more very easily. I have a form of Family here. People that I love and care for, and they do so in return. I guess I'll have to do as I've done thus far, and trust that Wherever the Lord sends me, it will serve his purpose and not mine. I've taken comfort in the scriptures:


Isaiah 55
¶For my athoughts are not byour thoughts, neither are your cways my dways, saith the Lord.
 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my aways bhigher than your ways, and my cthoughts than your thoughts.

So come what may, I'll keep my head up, and love it.

Last night was the First Presidency's Christmas devotional. For any of you who didn't get to see it, may I suggest that you go watch it soon?
http://lds.org/broadcasts/languages/christmas-devotional/2011/12?lang=eng

I wanted to share one of the exciting things that was released during the devotional. President Eyring shared that the Church's work on short videos based on the Bible is now becoming available for all the world to have. He described it as a gift from the First Presidency of the Church to the world. A 9 min Clip was shown of examples during the conference which was so neat to see! Also the Church has announced that some 100 Short clips will eventually be released based on Stories from the bible, free to the world.


“We intend for these videos to be used freely by individuals, families, and groups,” said Elder Lynn G. Robbins, Executive Director of the Media Services Department. “We want to help our own members strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ, and we offer this freely to other churches who may wish to use these videos in a similar way. The message of the Lord Jesus Christ needs to be shared as widely as possible throughout the world.”

I'm super stoked to be able to check these videos out in the Future as well as share these with others to help them strengthen their faith in Christ. I can't wait to make watching the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional a yearly tradition in my family as I feel it really starts off the Christmas season well and with Christ as the Focus.

As for this upcoming week, its going to be a busy one! It always seems that you have the most plans on the last week of the Transfer. A lot of this week is service based. Chopping more wood, scraping up old floors, moving furniture, burning leaves, etc. I've actually got some callus back on my hands! Feels Great :D But we also have some good lesson's planned and are working towards a special focus this week. This upcoming Sunday in yet another special one. Elder Jay E. Jensen of the Presidency of the Quorum of the seventy will be in the Buena Vista Stake and has asked for all missionaries serving in the stake Boundaries to invite all investigators, recent converts, and less actives to a special meeting Sunday morning just prior to the regular Sunday services. Way cool!! Another General Authority this Transfer. Apparently Elder Jensen used to be the Chancellor of Church Education. The Drawback? The meeting is at 9 am in Lexington, some 65 miles way, over a windy mountain pass. So it may be hard to get some of the people we've invited there but I have faith that If they truly put forth the Effort, God will bless them in securing a way for them. Exactly what is going to be said there is any one's guess, but I know that the Spirit of God will be present and all in attendance will come away with a Strengthened testimony of the Restored Gospel. So, if this is my Final Hurrah in the Gretna Branch, then I'm going to do my Darnedest to get people to this conference and leave the Area on a high.

I realize that I'm jumping around quite a bit but I just wanted to comment a little more on Yesterday. We had such a great fast and testimony meeting yesterday! The Spirit really was strong and many great testimonies were borne. I wanted to get up and speak knowing that it could be my last Sunday, but the time went over and I was not able to get up on time. So make sure you never let those awkward moments pass when no one else is getting up. Be the one to start the trend! I will make sure not to let that happen next time. We visited a few other families that afternoon and had a Great Supper with the Covingtons. I really could write a full email just about them and how much they do for us. They even prepared for us a special gift that I will cherish forever. May Heaven Bless them Both!

Well I think I've gotten out most of what I need to for the time Present. I hope that everyone is able to get into the Christmas spirit soon this year. Look for opportunities to serve and give to others. Remember always that Christ is at the Centre of all our Christmas Celebrations and it is all in Loving memory of Him.

Much Love,
Elder Sunada

No comments:

Post a Comment