Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back on track‏

Tomorrow is transfers. But we've had enough transfers in Parkersburg lately, and President Agrees. So Parkersburg is staying the same! An Additional sister will be added to Marietta however, which is in our district. All that matters is we're not losing anyone :). So Parkersburg is still home, at least for another 3 weeks.

Elder Penn and I have been getting along just fine so far. I've made an effort to better serve him and my other companions. I've discovered the best way to learn to love someone is to serve them. Its amazing to me how much helping others also helps ourselves. I cannot seem to give more than I get, try as I might. The reward doesn't come from those that we serve in the form of gifts or services, but I feel the changes within me and I know that they are of great worth. Its really made me realize how true the Book of Mormon Prophet King Benjamin statement really is:

Mosiah 2:17 And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn awisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the bservice of your cfellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

I hope that I will always be able to serve others in some capacity all through my life because of the joy it brings.

I guess I should give a small update on the work. We've been working with a Woman Named Marilynn for a while now. She is super awesome! She was at church again this past Sunday and even signed us up for Dinner last night! We've set a date for her on March 24th to Be baptised. She has been so willing to do everything for the hope that she can receive the promise of peace the Gospel brings. So we are stoked for her!
 
There are several other families who are getting close to accepting Baptism. I'm still working on how to help people realize the importance of Baptism. Its hard because there are so many different ideas about it that many people are confused. I've found its still the same Formula that helps people come to that knowledge though. Coming to Church, Reading the Scriptures, and prayer. Strange how its the same answers I've been told since I was in Primary! But the Truth is its really that simple. Anyone who wants answers has to diligently do these things, and they'll find what they are seeking. Now getting people to do just those things is a matter in itself, but that's what I'm working at.
 
Anyways, hope all is well back home. Loved the Letters from the Young Mens/ Young Womens! I miss them like Crazy.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Elder Sunada
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment