Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sigh of Relief‏


So because I've been rushed for time in writing my general email to everyone, I decided that I should try to write it first, that way I'll be able to finish what I want to say without having to beat the Library computer clock. 

This is Transfer week again, and to kill the suspense early I'll let yall know that I'm staying in Parkersburg with Elder Penn for another round. Elder Dayley will be leaving and going to Salem Virginia, which was in my first district next to Cave Spring. I told him its a great area and how much I loved the Roanoke Zone, but he's still pretty bummed to be leaving the area. In part I suppose because things have been going pretty good for Southside. Bro Hutchinson got Baptized last Thursday and it was a great time! We've all loved getting to work with and know the Hutchinson Family. They will always be among the Families that come to mind when I think of my mission. To Replace Elder Dayley we will be getting Elder Squires!!! I'm way stoked for that! I served around him while in Gretna and we even went on a few exchanges. He loves to cook as well so hopefully he'll help me hone in on my culinary skillz. He's from Fallon Nevada but has lived kinda all over. Its going to be great!

As talk of transfers was coming up missionaries often  talk about who is going home in the coming weeks. It was mentioned that one of the Sisters I came out with will be going home the transfer after this. Kinda strange. Also made me realize that I'm getting close to my 3/4 mark in the mission. I took a little time to reflect on all that has happened. The good times and the bad. Yesterday for instance a man on his bike stopped us and proceeded to give us the usual dribble of anti-Mormon sentiments. He eventually got mad and biked away because I just kept smiling at him. I've realized how much I've grown in how I felt after he left. A year ago I might have been very disgruntled and discouraged. Now I get over it almost as soon as its over and just go on. I'm still a little sad that sometimes no matter what I do, I can't do anything to help some people (I even tried to commend him for doing what he thought was right, he didn't like that either) But aside from that the discouragement that would follow those situations and others seems much smaller. I've found that increased earnest prayer has been such a huge help in getting me through tough times. I'm excited to see what The Lord has in store for me in the coming months. There's still so much time. So I'm not to worried about everything ending yet. Perhaps that will come when I get down to a month or two. Hopefully it won't hit me till a day or two before I board that plane. I'm happy to be where I am, doing what I'm doing. I know God Needs me here and that is enough.

Otherwise in the work we've had good meetings with a lot of less actives this past week. We are going to work on teaching them and helping them come to church more often. What good is it to go and Baptize people if after a few years they stop coming and learning more? The beauty of the Gospel is that we are never done learning. Just this morning in Scripture study I found answers to questions that I had. I've been told that "the Creation" Is one of the Three Pillars of Eternity, according to Bruce R. McConkie anyways. But I could never figure out why it was so important. I mean it seemed pretty straight forward. An Earth was organized, day was divided by night, the waters from the land and so on. But without even looking for answers specifically I came across some scriptures, which while I'd read them before, took on a deeper meaning and I feel like now I Understand better the importance of the Event. Though perhaps not enough to explain it more fully at present haha but that may come with more time and study.

Also! Elder Penn found my camera!! It was under a couch which I'm sure I've checked under, but somehow it appeared when he was looking for some Malt balls that he'd dropped between the cushions. And who said snacking wasn't a productive activity? The problem now being that I have two cameras, and my new one is a good deal nicer. So Still unsure of what I'm going to do with the old one. But I'm glad that at least I was able to recover the pictures that were on it :) In Lieu of recent events I've tried to do better at Journal writing, whereas before I relied upon a Digital Photo Journal. I also realized how many precious moments that I'd missed on recording and so I'm hoping to record them as I go.

Well I think this was a much better week for Writing. I've been getting a few hand written letters out too, so for all you who are waiting a reply, I Haven't forgotten! I'm just slow. I'm stoked for the Wedding coming up and Can't wait to hear about the details when it finally goes down! Love hearing about the goings on back there and I appreciate all the Prayers.

Love Yall!
Elder Sunada

No comments:

Post a Comment